Lowrider3 Beginner's questions and requests

Hello. I’m korean
I want to make cnc, but it’s so difficult because I’m a beginner with no idea.
I’ve been reading the articles on this forum for several days with a translator, but there are a lot of technical terms, so the translation is awkward and not easy to understand.
I’ll post a few things I’m curious about

1. Lowrider3 is a structure that supports only one side, isn’t it unstable? By mirroring the right parts
    What if I make the left side support as well?
  2. It is recommended to make parts with pla, but it can be deformed even if it is only in sunlight, but can’t it be made of tpeg?
  3. I would really appreciate it if you could upload a picture or video of how to flash the board and tft firmware in an easy-to-understand way for non-English speaking members like me or beginners.
2 Likes

I assume you are talking about the design using a rail down just one side. I don’t own a Lowrider, but when the files were released, this was one of my questions. It turns out that adding a second rail is a very bad idea. Given the materials used for the rails (electrical conduit), it is difficult to build two rails that are perfectly parallel. If you tie both sides down to a rail, any slight imperfection will cause the machine to pinch and bind. Note that there are a lot of Lowrider 3 users on this forum, and there are no complaints on this aspect of the design. The machine is nice and stable and cuts accurately.

flash the board and tft firmware

The method of flashing firmware varies depending on what board you select. Once you pick a board, someone can find or give you more explicit instructions. If you pick the exact same board and drivers as a maintained firmware version, flashing the board can be as simple as putting a file on an SD card, inserting the cord in the control board, and turning the control board on. If you stray from the supported firmware, you will need tools Like PlatformIO to modify and compile the firmware.

1. It would have to build an in some room for imperfections, perhaps swiveled wheels, for added complications and no benefit.

2. At the heart of it, you have 5 stepper motors and 5 switches, whatever board or firmware you can find to start and stop them will work.

3. The plastic parts are thick, and most of it is is made of wood and metal.

Cheers!