Lowrider V3 - Carbon Fiber by Wachpwnski

Yeah at $1400, I totally understand.

Given where you’re heading, I recently pasted most of my table related notes in a related Doc update request at Stumbled onto https://www.v1engineering.com/table/ , maybe others would like to as well by aaronse · Pull Request #355 · V1EngineeringInc/V1EngineeringInc-Docs · GitHub

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Pneumatic pipes worked great. I used a red scotch brite pad with PTFE 3-1 oil to strip the rust and hopefully slow it from happening in the future.

Beam assembly is looking good. My only issue is it looks like the end stop isn’t getting actuated on the left side. The core unit seems a little stiff. I’m not sure if this should be the case since you don’t really want it shaking with vibrations and such. I can move it with a firm finger.

Now I need to clean out my garage and start working on my table. I have a 10-foot piece of rigid conduit. Should I just use the galvanized conduit or make a 2-hour trip to pick up a 10-foot piece of pneumatic 25mm?

3 Likes

Ohhh!!! That sounds like the good stuff. I need to grab some of that. I have been using paste wax per a few recommendations, works great, no dirt sticks to it. Been using it on a few things around the shop as well.

2 Likes

Loosen the bottom two bolts a tiny bit. You will know it is waaaaay too tight if you can feel it kind of surge over each brace.
Or your belt might be a bit too tight.

That just means you need to readjust the belt, or you put the endstop on upside down. If the plastic piece needs to move further you can adjust the belt, if it is not hitting the trigger flip it over.

Absolutely.

1 Like

@wachpwnski curious what material and thickness your Struts are? 1/8" Carbon fiber?

1 Like

I actually just had them cut out of 2mm steel and had them powder-coated. I think carbon fiber struts would be solid. I just need to source some panels to get it done.

2 Likes