Latest MPCNC Firmware with a new laser, help with connection

Curious, how is that M50 cutting? I am curious if it is more effective than the Nehe A40640 module.

It’s been working quiet well so far. Have cut 1/2 inch wood. Pine, birch plywood with ease. After 2 or 3 passes. Engraves at 6,000 mm/m pretty well.

1 Like

Wow, those look like some clean cuts in 1/2 pine! Just 2-3 passes for 1/2 pine, at what speed?

It already is looking at least like a competitor to the Neje, if not way better. AFAIK, the Neje can do like 3mm ply in one pass at ~80mm/sec.

I was running at 300 mm/m @ 90% power (5 passes) but I can run it a little slower and cut it in two passes with full power. I haven’t had the time to keep messing with the laser as I have had some family issues to tend to. And I was running my MPCNC wires through a new cable chain, so I haven’t gotten back to laser cutting and engraving in a week or so. Soon! Here is a link of it running https://youtu.be/LX2xhnmWbVk I did add corner supports to my MPCNC to make it more rigid since I have a pretty large build with a work area of 20 inches x 30 inches.