Laser Tutorial Question

Is there a code to get the reading of T0? It seems like this new mega is not reading the resistor. I checked the resistor with my meter and it is fine.

Going to run a M119 tonight to see if the end stops are reporting properly. Even though it still does not move with the end stops unplugged.

It would be my luck though if this Mega board was defective upon delivery, and of course the guy is not responding on ebay. Claim time I guess.

So more diagnosis…

End stops all show open. Showing maxtemp triggered. Does not matter if i place the resistor on or not always showing max temp.

Plugged in the somewhat defective mega and on startup with no resistor shows min temp on T0… plug in the resistor and I get 22 Celsius.

I hate it when I get brand new parts that are defective.

Woot! Got my new new Mega 2560 and now all is function as expected… Do I understand correct that I need to use dxf2gcode to vector engraving with my laser? and img2gcode for raster engraving?

I’d only use dxf to gcode for vector files that are just plain line drawings. I use it exclusively for PC board work.The only advantage being that dxf2gcode will do a line drawing much faster by following the path of the actual line instead of raster over the entire image, pixel by pixel, line by line, the way image2gcode will. Anything that has fills in it or a photograph will be slower, but much better, with image2gcode.

I want to do some signs so would be just lines no fill and no pictures.

a few questions re DXF2GCode for those that may know.

How does one set the laser power?

Does it turn the laser on and off when inbetween cuts?

Essentially what I am wanting to do right now is engrave some logos in to MDF. are there any good tutorials for dxf2code that include setup and so on?

I ended up doing some test burns but used the inkscape laser plug in. That worked very well.

Inkscape does not seem to like to open DXF files. I tried many of the one I had and it just opened blank.