Klipper on Android (on my Amazon Fire tablets!) with Octo4a (Octoprint for Androids)

Good news

OK, it dawned on me that my installs of Octoprint for Android (Octo4a) were not the newest. I was on Octo4a build 1.0.4.

So, I uninstalled, and installed fresh, which got me to Octo4a build 1.2.5.

I used the APK file download from this repo:

After that, re-ran the tutorial steps to run the install script for adding Klipper. All good.

Then I had a working Octoprint in the browser, and was able to add the OctoKlipper plugin:

Successfully installed OctoKlipper-0.3.9.5
Done!

Also, having a working Octoprint browser interface with the OctoKlipper plugin, means I now have the normal built in way of editing the printer.cfg file.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, @orob for being so helpful!

Glad you got going!

I’m so close. I’m trying to sort out the serial driver and baud rate for BIQU B1 printer with an SKR 2 main board.

Of the two issues in this image, the first is solved, re. Octoprint now starts like it should. But the second issue “unknown serial driver(tap to select)” and tapping does nothing, is still happening:

STM32F407xx
VID 1d50 / PID 614e
Unknown serial driver(tap to select)

The chip on my SKR2 board is definitely STM32F407. I carefully checked. It seems that Octoprint currently thinks that’s an “Unknown serial driver” situation.

PS: I built the firmware.bin file using a Raspberry Pi. I tried to run “make menuconfig” on the Amazon Fire7 tablet, and it seems the OpenSSH in the Octo4a install does not know what to do with that.

So I completely misunderstood “(tap to select)” — I thought it was saying to tap the empty check mark box.

But by tapping the serial driver name area, it brings up a list of choices:

Now I just need to figure out which of those choices goes with STM32F407.

Third one or last one

Try cp21. The ch341 is the ftdi knockoff and if we got this stuff from China it isn’t ftdi.

1 Like

Thanks! Will try as soon as I get back home

So far the SKR 2’s reputation of being hard to connect to has been well deserved. I’ve got what should be a working setup but cannot get the printer to listen to either a Raspberry Pi Klipper or an Android Klipper setup.

Do you have the correct mcu identified in the printer.cfg file mcu section?

For each of the systems I have used that line was critical to get it to connect correctly.

I used the example printer.cfg file for the SKR2 provided by the Klipper repo on GitHub. I modified the serial port as instructed in the tutorial.

I know for a fact the MCU in the example matches mine because I verified the number on the chip.

Ok if you modified the serial number part to match yours then it really is a driver issue.