Jeb's Lowrider V2 Build

So I didn’t care for the deflection that I was getting with the long moment arm on the first cradle design, so I went back to the drawing board and put a foot on it. You can home the machine in the cradle then move the machine and rotate the cradle out of the way to get the full work area of the machine.

And here is my dust skirt that I came up with. All 4 sides are each attached with some Harbor Freight Rare Earth magnets and the skirt is cut from some 1/8" craft foam just hot glued on. Works pretty darn well for a first attempt.

1 Like

you must be cutting 3 inch steel on that thats some table for what youll be doing on it

Thanks for taking the time to post this – awesome ideas!

I have potential plans of pulleying my table up the garage ceiling when not in use, removable or folding legs. But, it’ll need to sit above where the garage door tracks, so I have limited height available there (thankfully lowrider is actually a low rider!) I might pick up some Ultralight MDF for the spoilboard so I don’t need a winch to crank it up.

I milled my rails on the jointer out of lumber and they’re straight for now, but I left room for harder material, and I think I’ll go with Unistrut.