Iot Power Relay not responding to m107 p0 or m106 p0

Good evening everyone, I am running into this issue, and I figure rather then buring it in a thread thats a couple pages deep, I wanted to make it fiindable quickly :slight_smile:

basically, at the recommendation of @jeffeb3 i picked up a Iot Power relay!

cool looking gadget that lets you control power from the arduino.

I picked it up because it should just work without changing the firmware settings.

I have it all plugged in, and its basically stuck on.

I was woondering if anyone had insight as to what I can try?

m106 p0 does nothing.
m107 p0 does nothing.

I will post a picture soon.

1 Like

Do you use capital letters in your command line or type lowercase?

Also, check to where you have the jumpers connected. I have an Archim so I am not familiar with the Ramps but it seems to me they should be connected to the D9, if I read it correctly.

Do you have it in D2? Is this controllable? Try a higher index number: M106 P1 or M106 P2

Again, just trying to read through diagrams and this board. Not familiar. I’m sure someone who has this board memorized like the back of their hand would tell you.

so I tried with

• M107 P0 - nothing happened

• M106 P0 - Nothing happened

• CURRENTLY the pins are here :

• When I pulled the wires, the circuit went out. (I expected that)

which tells me, its always On.

• I am running this Firmware :
    MPCNC_Ramps_T8_16T_LCD_32step_DualEndstop

I am ok with re-uploading the firmware. but since I have never tried changing these pins, I havent read up on it yet. it should have just worked, or so I expected.

That says 12V aux, so it is always wired to 12V. So it shouls be always on. The arduino can’t control that pin.

It should be wired to D8, D9, or D10, whichever one of those is the fan port. It depends on your firmware. You can do M106 P0 and the try each one to see which one is on. Cavalier testing like this is usually dangerous, but I think it’s safe in this case.

1 Like

Mine are wired to the part cooling fan pins(D9). They are controllable.

1 Like

My god, this seems to be the most frustrating day ever.

Upgraded to a mesh router this morning, then realized its on a new subnet, then trying to get into my octopi, i remember its running Static IP on a different subnet.

All this to say, I cant control the D9 port on my ramps board

Ahhhhhh!!!

MAN!!!

I AM A MORON!!

polarity sensitive, WORKS FINE now!!!

DOH!!

3 Likes

:clap: :tada:

Does anyone know if there is an IoT power relay for European sockets and 220V? I googled quite a bit, but all I could find were solid state relays or “wireless sockets”. I just want to plug in two things and toggle them on/off with the RAMPS.

I would reach out to the company directly. They might have a solution

This is the company that makes them. They don’t have a 220 model, but they might know someone who does.

I would put a SSR in the box your EStop switch is mounted in, and connect a power bar to the output. You are going to add a EStop switch, right?

For safety reasons I would prefer to buy a well made solution like the IoT relay. I’m fine with 5V and 12V, but less comfortable messing around with 220V.

My EStop is the on/off switch on the power bar that I use to power everything. Pretty low tech, but it works.

I get that, but I’ve looked and can’t find what you’re looking for. If you’re really uncomfortable doing it yourself, you could hire an electrician for an hour to check over your work, or just build it for you.

Yeah I also have not found anything yet. I guess I’ll have to get an SSR anyway and just do it (carefully).

I am having similar troubles getting my IOT relay up and running on a lowrider with a miniRambo board. I have tested the relay itself with a 9v battery and it works correctly. But when I plug the relay input wires into the fan1 or fan2 part on the mimi rambo I get nothing. I have swapped the polarity and run the following gcode (to check all possible fan indexes)

m106 p0
m106 p1
m106 p2

Is it possible the fan port isn’t high enough voltage? Should I try to connect to the heater bed or extruder port?

Thanks,
Dan

The fan port is the same voltage at the extruder or heated bed, but those ports are trying to do control to a temperature, so you don’t want that.

What if you added S255 to the M106?

Also, it should be all caps. You can also adjust the fan speed on the lcd menu, or in repetier host.

1 Like

CURSE YOU CAPS…(that did the trick). Speed parameter was unnecessary. Thanks Jeff!

Linux is very case particular, and so is Marlin. Basically only Windows is 🤷