I'm guessing that the lowrider 3 is imminent

Want to know why I think that?

I made an OG MPCNC two weeks before the 525 was released.
A month after I upgraded my MPCNC to use the 525 parts, the BURLY edition was released.

I printed all the parts for a lowrider 1, and while I was hemming and hawing about what size table I was going to do, the V2 was released about 6 weeks later.

I had some medical issues shortly after that and never actually assembled the V1, but all that appears to be behind me now and Iā€™m ready to get crackin again.
Which means I need to print out the V2 partsā€¦
Which history tells me means that the V3 will be released sometime in June!

LOL!

4 Likes

@kubark42 has been working on an unofficial version. Even though itā€™s unofficial, thereā€™s no reason it couldnā€™t turn into something you had wished you had built instead.

HAHAHAHA Man you have my luck! Iā€™m usually always late to the game, and by the time I get gung-ho into something thereā€™s a new version available!

Just ā€˜pretendā€™ to start printing the parts, and see if youā€™re right! haha

:smiley:

Itā€™s coming along, 3D printing got exponentially harder with the shutdown, but Iā€™ve got all the bearing blocks printed and the modular parts are on their way now.

1 Like

That would be awesome!!! I will shoot for June then.

I am still knee deep in the new MPCNC, with zero thought on a LR other than a wish list. So June would be insane but your reasoning is solid I canā€™t argue with that.

3 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHA

2 Likes

Welp, Iā€™m about 90% of the way through printing out the LRV2 parts and Iā€™ve gotten rid of a couple of workbenches/tables in the shop in order to make room. I saw the LRV2 parts bundle listed as in stock this morning and said ā€œOOOOHHH YESSSSā€ but then when I clicked on it they were sold outā€¦Sad Face.

I only get a few hours (and not in a row) on the weekends to do this kind of stuff so Iā€™m still probably a month or two out from actually needing the electronics anyway.

@kubark42 Any update on the v3? I am looking at doing my first build and while I am excited about the LRv2 if the v3 is coming soon I would rather wait. And if it is coming soon what parts are not changing so I can focus on those and wait on the others? Thanks.

There are zero plans for a LR3 at this time. The Primo has not even been released yet.

Ok thanks Ryan

@vicious1 a few months worth of virus have flowed through the PPE since you last teased us with ā€œzero plans for a LR3ā€, now itā€™s not that I didnā€™t believe you, butā€¦ have you changed your mind yet? :smiley:

Still have a version of the Primo to release. No LowRider plans at all.

1 Like