I just want to print a dad-gum crown!

i am a hapless novice in the world of cnc technology and an absolute visual learner. have been all my life! show me once and i’ve got it. my lr2 is mechanically complete and functions great ,manually. + is right and up, - is left and down. still trying to come up with a solution for wire management. HOWEVER, this is where i’m stuck. does anybody out there know of a good video that will take me from the completed construction to printing the crown and on from there. many thank! rick

1 Like

Have you seen the milling basics doc and the test crown?

Granted, it’s for the MPCNC, but once you get to the electronics and firmware, the similarities are big enough to be useful.

Caveat: I haven’t watched this video, but I’ve seen good comments about it… :slight_smile:

1 Like

The various instruction pages seem to skip over the absolute basics.

Once you’ve got the machine moving from the LCD, you can just put the test crown file on an SD card, put that in the machine and select it from the ‘print from SD card’ menu - and it’ll draw you a crown (assuming you’ve mounted a pen and paper!)

You don’t need estlcam until you want to create your own gcode, and you don’t need to use control software at all.

Where are we getting lost in the milling basics page? If we don’t know what’s missing, we can’t fix it.