How tight are the belt holders supposed to be

The belt holders seem really tight like something is wrong. I would have to hit them pretty hard with a mallet to get them in there, and if I did, I doubt I’d be able to loosen the belt tension ever. I shaved the edges quite a bit with a deburring tool, and that didn’t make a difference.

In my mind, this should easily slide in and out because the bolt is doing the work of keeping the tension. What am I doing wrong here? Pictures attached of upper corner, which seems worse than the lowers.

@Lakkdainen , yeah they should move in and out freely. I had to file/sand mine down a bit to get them to easily slide in and out. I assume it was printer related. I was printing for speed with a 0.8mm nozzle at the time.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying! Guess I’ll get out sandpaper or just adjust the source. I printed on a 0.6 nozzle fwiw.

You may want to double check your printer tuning.

My belt holders slide in reasonably easy, but the old ones aren’t coming out without a lot of help. (And they were purchased from V1) that is the reason why I printed new ones in preparation for cutting down the size of my Primo.

2 Likes

Rather than assuming you need to sand the whole perimeter of the thing, you may want to color it (with something like a Sharpie marker) and slide it in and out. Scratches in the coating will show where it’s rubbing, so you can concentrate on taking those high spots down without making the whole fit too sloppy.

4 Likes