Help with settings to connect Ortur YRR 2.0 rotary to MPCNC

I have a MPCNC, Jackpot Board and 5w laser that I want to connect an Ortur YRR 2.0 rotary to. I tried disconnecting both Y steppers and plugging in the Ortur stepper to the Y TMC2209. I then tried moving the Y axis 10mm and the rotary just stuttered and did not rotate. I’m assuming that I need to make changes to the config.yaml, but I’m not sure what to change for the Ortur.
I did notice after unplugging the Ortur cable that the wire order is black, green, blue, red and the MPCNC wire order is black, green, red, blue. I’m not sure if the wire color order matters though.

I could be wrong, but your issue sounds like this might be a good start to your issue. At least this has the info to test, if the colors matter or not, in your particular case. Regardless of the colors, it sounds like the order is different, at least the order was the issue in this thread, and steps to test are in here, assuming you have access to a volt meter.

1 Like

Thanks Steve. I swapped the red and black wires and all is well.
Now I get to try out my new toy!

2 Likes

I got the rotary working, but I can’t get the setup correct in LightBurn. I measured the diameter of my rollers and entered that (19.98mm). Then I put in 60 mm per rotation as a starting point. I sent a command to move the jar on the Y axis 200mm. I measured the actual movement and it was 13mm.
The motor has a 16T gear and the rollers have 25T gears
25/16 = 1.5625 gear reduction
On the Lightburn forum I found this:
New value = Old value x Requested size / Actual result size
60 x 200 / 13 = 923
I entered 923 in the mm per rotation and moved the jar on the Y axis 200mm. It still only moved 13mm. I am stumped!

I read in the LightBurn docs:
If you have a Cohesion3D, Smoothieboard, or other common GCode based controller, the number is usually 200 times your microstepping multiplier (usually 8 or 16) times any gear reduction, divided by 360.
For a Cohesion3D or HolgaMods rotary, this is usually
3200 steps (200 x 8 micro steps x 2x reduction) / 360 = 8.88888888 steps per degree 6400 steps (400 x 8 micro steps x 2x reduction) / 360 = 17.7777778 steps per degree
The steps per degree number, along with acceleration and maximum speed will need to be set in the appropriate location for the controller.

Rotary2
Nema
Gears