Height of an MPCNC

Maybe I’m trying to plan too far ahead. But I have built an LR2 and I think eventually I’ll get into trouble with my neighbors if I let this thing run forever. So I’m planning to build a roughly 40x30 MPCNC instead and an enclosure for it. I have sort of something where the machine could fit in theory but height maybe an issue.
Can anyone tell me a guesstimate what the typical height of the MPCNC is with a router mounted and max lifted with maybe a 4” max work height for the machine?

I have a roughly 3" work height, and my enclosure is 60cm (approx 24") high on the inside. My Z tubes are 30cm long, could probably be smaller for my max work height. Also, I have around 10cm of space left for a vac hose to swing around above the Z stepper.

Here are some details of my enclosure: Advice about enclosure.

If you’re worried about noise, and you want to use a vacuum (highly recommended), then you probably want to consider sound proofing your vacuum too. (Or, build a cyclone and use a much quieter house hold vacuum cleaner.)

1 Like

Thank you, that helps. At least I know what to plan for low. The vacuum I got covered already.

1 Like