Headless SKR Pro Info

Yes. From there you can make all sorts of changes or run it as is. You can connect it to your wifi instead of hotspot, or Bluetooth even. Crazy what these tiny little board can do (and half of it is pins to connect to).

Sounds awesome. Thanks!

I do actually have a db9 connected to my z690 mobo serial port… had to custom make that cable after I upgraded from an i5-2500k setup last year. That old mobo had db9 built in and a pair of pcie 16x slots, and still plenty of power for most tasks I do other than cad/cam and video editing. Regardless, I’m getting too old… I’ll make note that most folks don’t have one these days.

BTW, did you mean VGA, or EVGA? ISA was like yesterday… :wink:

No, I meant EGA. As in, a whopping 16 colors at full resolution. CGA could get you 16 colors, but only at 160x100. You had to start dropping colors if you wanted resolution. EGA could drive all 16 colors at 640x350 (CGA topped out at 640x200 with two colors, and one had to be black!) Of course, this was also back when a 640x350 monitor would cost an arm and a leg. Yes, that was the best you’d get for King’s Quest III, back in the day (the day being when men were men, and removable media was floppy).

2 Likes

Hi Ryan

So I upgraded to 515 firmware, and installed the chip. Checked for SSID, and It came up as ESP3D.

I was expecting the V1 CNC Control SSID

Password 12345678

I get the interface, but zero control of the LR3

I can still control it using the TFT (black cable only, greys still unplugged)

Any ideas?

And for some reason, it’s no longer broadcasting wifi

It is broadcasting ESP3D ssid but it doesn’t route any internet access, this is normal.
You can also configure your router wifi so it will be part of your usual network, when doing that ESP3D ssid will disapear as it only serves/appears when it is not joined to an existing wifi.
Once joined you might need to discover its IP address to connect to it, your router admin page/cx listing should help you for that.
I would advise you to create a permanente dhcp reservation for it so it can always retrieve the same IP address or try with http://esp3d.local/ (only work if mDNS is available)

For machine control, try to get reconnect then check for bauds rate, maybe 250000

2 Likes

I could connect to the ESP3D SSID and saw the page, but yes- machine control didn’t work

Now- I can’t even see the wifi. Been trying for 45 minutes, several power cycles in both the board and my tablet. Nothing

The second picture is the wifi connections that were available on my tablet, but ESP3D no longer comes up in ‘active connections’

Is there a way to reset these to default- bridging pins or something?

I just edited my post, it might means your esp01 joined well your usual wifi if you provide its correct ssid and password

1 Like

I didn’t, but it did, lol

Thanks for the help!

I went into the settings and changed the client wifi mode to a static IP and changed baud rate to 250000

3 Likes

Works perfectly.

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

The baud rate was not right?

You plugging it into the tft or the skr pro? (I do not think there is a difference but I have only tried it in the SKR)

Into the skr pro

Baud rate was set to 115200

But I set it to 25000 and now it’s running perfectly

2 Likes

Now to find my junky tiny bt keyboard

I will double check today. I swear I have pulled all these off after flashing plugged them in and they work with no changes.

Odd.

No worries- it’s all sorted. I left it broadcasting as ESP3D, but added my SSID and put it in client mode. I then assigned a static IP to that network and can now log into it via browser from my home wifi.

Changing the baud to 25250 fixed up the controls, and I even threw a webcam on there and was able to watch the lr3 move using keyboard command (arrow keys) from my office 2 floors up.

Just a test- I won’t ever be running it unattended.

I did go into settings and click off the ‘flash SD’ setting, but it would get stuck in a g20/g21 loop with no sd card inserted and I couldn’t do anything. So I added it back.

Now I just need to figure out some cool macros. I want to add an ‘align laser’ macro that shoots the laser at 0.5% for enough time to get it aligned. I did see the macro in the ‘laser time out thread’ so i might just steal that.

Thanks again Ryan- super happy it was practically plug and play.

What is super odd is that it seems to have piggy backed into my home network and added itself… it was attached to a 2.4ghz booster signal I use to connect to the pool equipment at the other end of the yard. I have it plugged into an outdoor receptacle right outside my workshop door, maybe 12 feet from the LR3.

I hadn’t even found the network settings before @olijouve suggested the ESP3D SSID disappeared because it had connected to my own network. And sure enough, it’s labelled as a
Connected device on my router.

That wifi bridge is the only thing I have with a WPS button on it. Everything else is newer mesh. Is it possible it connected automatically somehow?

Hey all, just curious if I am missing something. I have everything running and responding to the wifi upgrade, controls work well. Is there a way to upload gcode directly thro ESP3D or do you have to add them directly to the sd then plug it back into the skr?

I am on 515 and have the wifi chip on the skr ports.

1 Like

WHOA!!!

Well sorry for the hiccups, I will use your feedback to fix the rest. I have some ideas for more macros as well.

It would need to know what network and the password, I can’t see how it would. Unless your network is open, even then it is in AP mode.

I believe you can select the sd card and then upload, it is extremely slow though and pretty error prone from what I have read. But I will make a note to give it a try myself tomorrow.

I was surprised by the webcam too- pity it didnt work this morming, lol

Q re: macros. It seems i can only do 1 line of gcode? I tried the z-probe macro and found out too late that it didnt include a ‘zero’ position command. I tried to jog it using G0 x25 f600 and it jammed it into the bed. My bad. Should have checked first

Is it possible to write a macro to do z-probe, subtract plate thickness offset, record new 0, then raise Z to get the probe out? Or is that going to be a custom gcode file on the card?