Headless SKR Pro Info

I was surprised by the webcam too- pity it didnt work this morming, lol

Q re: macros. It seems i can only do 1 line of gcode? I tried the z-probe macro and found out too late that it didnt include a ‘zero’ position command. I tried to jog it using G0 x25 f600 and it jammed it into the bed. My bad. Should have checked first

Is it possible to write a macro to do z-probe, subtract plate thickness offset, record new 0, then raise Z to get the probe out? Or is that going to be a custom gcode file on the card?

At this point you have tried and know more about it than me. I plugged it in and ran my macros and my gcode. I have not tried anything else. I’m not all that fancy, I just need to cut stuff as fast as possible.

Maybe you can do all the commands on one line, or a comma or something, I will see if there is any info on the ESPUI github page.

You are currently our headless expert!!!

1 Like

Thinking about this, I have no idea what is up with your baud rate. The one I sent you I actually unplugged from my LR3, that I was using for a few days. I am so confused as to why anything needed to be changed.

So weird

Working fine though. So all good

That’s daunting! I barely know what end the wood goes in, lol

I’ll try putting it on one line and see what happens

Agree- this thing is dope. i just typed this message with the Rii 8

Edit- after playing with it for a bit

Did you notice how the arrow pad directions aren’t the same as the axis directions?

Unless they can be remapped in ESP3D

I was playing with it tonight and got this-

On the keyboard:
X+ up arrow
X- down arrow

Y+ right arrow
Y- left arrow

Z+ pg up
Z- pg dn

Standing at the front left corner, facing the machine as the home position-

X axis is left/right
Y axis is Up/down

@vicious1 can the keyboard inputs be remapped in ESP3D?

If not, I’ll simply use ethanol to remove the label on the keypad buttons and draw new ones on, lol

1 Like

Hello all,
So, I got a ESP-01s, and a programmer.
All flashed good. Review on the programmer after I get this resolved.
Hung up now on this issue:
My internet modem is set and cannot be changed. It uses 192.168.0.1. ESP module IP conflicts and I cannot connect to change its IP.
Is there a way to reset the IP on this via COM connection? A firmware change?

Shouldn’t be an issue as you need to connect to esp01’s ESP3D wifi first(so not connected to your router)
Then you can specify your router wifi ssid and password and eventually a static ip address. If you choose to go with dynamic ip address(default i think) then your router’s DHCP server will give a free ip address to your esp01 after saving settings and rebooting your board

I had thought it would be that easy.
I can see the “ESP3D” access point, but when trying to connect it chokes.
Using my old time netware and windows server memories, the network mapping is conflicting as the IP is already reserved. Everything loops to the cable modem browser setup page. I even disabled the network, and tried that with nothing else. Nope, didn’t work

Hum strange ! You could still turn off your router just the needed time to connect to esp01 and make the changes

well, this ain’t my first rodeo, already tried that.
Reminds me of ole token ring network issues, lmao

Reboot the computer/ device you are using to connect after having your router shutdowned.
It will clear arp cache

yep, did 4 times now, wheeeeee!

Did you try from an other device, like your phone or tablet ?
Otherwise changing ip adress is doable, it is set in config.h

But it would need to rebuild esp3D…

1 Like

Did you disconnect from the router first? Did you still have an Ethernet connected or something?

This isn’t magic. There is a simple explanation.

FWIW, I changed my home router away from 192.168 because of conflicts on vpn. 10.0.x.x is also perfectly safe for home use. It’s easier to type too.

1 Like

That is crazy, my modem is set to that and no conflicts in AP mode but I have separate modem/router. Sounds like maybe you have a cable company all in one modem router?

These little buggers have a ton of mystery left in them. I don’t think I can be much help you sound like you understand far more about networking that I do. I will offer any help I can but I can’t wait to hear what the problem was/is.

To be safe in the future, I should pick a new address to set them as default for the ones I have in the shop. Learn something new several times a day.

I don’t claim to be a network guru of any sort, but AFAIK setting these things up there should be no IP conflicts. Have you tried a different browser or a different device? I think Jeff may be on the right track wrt things messing with dns. Could be another adapter, VPN software, dnsmasq, some ad-blocker, ISP app, or similar causing this issue. All I know is this is almost plug-n-play on normal iPhone.

Thanks everyone for your insights and advice.

In the end, 3 days off and on, re-flashes, all kinds of stuff, I just gave up on this chip/programmer.

Well, Ryan, looks like I’ll be ordering one

What programmer did you get? I can put up all my flashing info that might help.

V2 of the esp3d stuff should work super easy and there is even a Teaching tech video using a different program.I think that way is pretty bullet proof. V3 is a just a bit wonky still.

OK, final post on this so folks don’t think I dropped off the planet.
In the end not all ESP-01s (8266) modules are the same, the specs, and build quality, and usage, being sometimes wildly different. Some work with Arduino, some with our firmware, some can only use a WebDAV server, and some are just junk, like the one I bought.
I spent a considerable amount of time researching this, I now know far more about these little wifi modules then I really need or will ever use.
Looking through the BTT forums on various sites, I came to the conclusion, now being educated, is that the ones Ryan is selling are about the only ones that will work with the SKR Pro. BTT recommends their ESP-01s wifi module specifically
Have one being delivered today from V1, board already has the nightly build installed just waiting for USPS to delivered.

2 Likes