Halloween Log

I gathered some festive stl’s from Thingiverse, cobbled them together, and cut this on my Primo. It is just a doorstep decoration; my kids love Jack Skellington.

The log was from a Cataupa tree I fell in my backyard. Facing the log took about 30min with a 1/4 bit, rough cut with 1/4” took 45min, and the finish cut with 1mm ball taper took 3hrs 45min. I managed to damage one of my 1/4 bits facing the back side, when it found a framing nail embedded 3” in from the bark. Other than that, it went smoothly. I plan on getting a small metal detector to find nails in harvested stock.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Great project and I love the video’s! If you take them off youtube kids I can add them to the site’s playlist. The “for adults” thing is a bit misleading on youtube.

Sorry Ryan I forgot about that after the last round of videos I shared… they’re now ‘adulterated’.

[edit: I added cut parameters to the description so they’d be more useful to others.]

1 Like

So now it’s a video of carving a “sexy” Jack Skellington into the trunk? :confused: :clown_face:

Unfortunately though, Jack’s bust is completely cutoff, and his mouth is closed. :wink:

OK… back OT before this morning turns any further south lol!