GRBL limit switch alarm problem

good idea, you see that done a lot in the old tube type tv’s when they don’t want to get to the onboard solder area.

So is SpnEn Z+ or Z- ?
And which pin is the other Z limit?

Thanks
Mark

I assume you are talking about a cncshield.

You normally only have one Z limit switch, and that goes at Z min. If you really want a Z max as well as a Z min (maybe because you want to home to Z max and use Z min to find zeroZ) then you have to wire the switches together to the same SpnEn…either in parallel if you are using normally open switching or in series if you are using normally closed switching.

@dart1280 is correct. While the CNC Shield v3.00 silkscreen shows min and max end stop connections, the min and max pins on a given axis are in parallel. Each axis only gets one limit pin on the Arduino Uno. Grbl is smart enough to know which direction was it was moving and uses that to infer whether min or max was tripped. I home to Z max and use a separate probe pin (enabled in the firmware) for a touch-plate.

So, it doesn’t matter which Z pin you use, they’re both SpinEn with later versions of grbl.

As far as I know, this is specific to v3.00 of the shield. I believe later versions of the shield changed the layout to match up with the new pin assignments in grbl 1.1 and later.