Fusion360 to MPCNC

Hey guys,
When I click on Ryan’s link above I get a does not exist error. Was the link moved?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Moved:

https://forum.v1e.com/c/software/fusion360

1 Like

Regardless of where this resides, the postprocessor that has worked extremely well for me is that by martindb. Get it here: https://github.com/martindb/mpcnc_posts_processor.

There is only one change I’ve made to this: Instead of returning to zero upon completion, I changed it to return to zero in X and Y but leave the router 10mm above the surface. That’s avoid a lot of problem. The change is at line 88 in the onClose() function:

writeln("G1 Z10" + fOutput.format(properties.travelSpeedZ)); // Go to Z origin + 10mm - RS 2/23/18

On my list is to flesh this out to allow a controlled tool change with Z probing as long as the reference is maintained by not turning off the servos.

1 Like

@randysteck Hi, I am using Guffy’s on Mac & Pc, but I can not make it work (using SDcard in the TFT28), when send to the machine does not do what suppose to do, if send .DXF to Estlcam and make the adjustments on it works. I will try your link and let you know.

I did more investigation and found that Guffy’s post processor is a further refinement of martindb’s. I don’t think it will help you to try it instead. In fact, I’ll probably try out Guffy’s since he’s got the tool change routines in it already. My fault for not staying current.

1 Like

@randysteck I know Guffy refine the old one, but I could not make work in my machine, When I start the gcode from the SDcard, it does nothing, I figure it out because in the first lines of the gcode there is the start begin: that is for the Z probe, I bought a probe but nothing happens, maybe I am missing something, I think the Machine is waiting for some input after the M0 attach ZProbe, so it is waiting for something from me but I attache the Zprobe and I expect to get some message in the LCD for me to allow the Gcode continue, but the only thing showing in the LCD is the STOP Button.

> ; *** START begin ***
> G90
> G21
> M84 S0
> G92 X0 Y0 Z0
> ; COMMAND_TOOL_MEASURE
> M0 Attach ZProbe
> G28 Z
> G92 Z
> G0 Z40 F300
> M400
> M0 Detach ZProbe
> ; *** START end ***

in the Guffy post process, you can set one of the variables to No and it will skip the auto-home of the Z axis. I don’t have the code in front of me, so can’t remember which variable, but if you read through them, it’s fairly self-explanatory.

1 Like

I tried but I have no idea what to change :frowning:

Thanks!

I just finished assembling our MPCNC, have surfaced the table and created a spoilboard file with CAM paths. Seems when I open the DXF file in Estlcam I get the CNC Controller to pop up with a “Integrated Controller not enabled”. I will start troubleshooting and looking for advice on the board.

Looks like the variable is “Probe on Start” and you set it to “no”

1 Like

Correct, but when you set to NO should skip the Zprobe is this correct or not? if set to Yes should ask for the Zprobe home but in my TFT28 I don’t have any button to resume after the M0, so the work is standby waiting for input :frowning:

I think the pp was written with the assumption of the lcd. Only way around it, i think, is edit the pp or edit the gcode.

Sorry. I missunderstood your issue.

Tony is correct. Without a button, you have no way of using the Zprobe.

The PP also looks for a button press if you set the spindle speed to ‘manual control’. For your system I’d set the spindle speed to automatic and then disable the Zprobe. It should at least then produce gcode that your machine can run.

Then, you can consider replacing your screen with an LCD with buttons.

1 Like

BTW… your issue is the same as this one:

Guffy responded that there is no way for the PP to create gcode for the TFT to ‘resume’ after a pause command.

1 Like

What we need is for Marlin to support a gcode to resume, then your tft can add that capability. Without that, or the tft being rewritten to not send M0 and implement the pause itself, there isn’t a way to fix it.

2 Likes

I was using atom.io as a text editor to find and replace and manually tweak gcode that was causing problems as a post process to the post processor.

Atom has colored syntax and a code package, but most text editors would probably work

1 Like

Could you add a custom continue button that sends code M108 (break and continue) from the TFT? Just getting into this issue and looking for ways to make it work

Link does not work

Yeah, the forums have moved. @vicious1 can edit his post, but it is now a caregory: #software:fusion360

The latest version of the bigtreetech firmware for their TFTs now works with the M00 command. On screen you can just press resume after M00.

I just merged the change into my firmware for my TFT35v2 but it should be similar for all the TFTs by that company.

3 Likes