Fusion 360 vs Solidworks

High five!

I could only imagine this forum is rather Android heavy…all you talented software people! :slight_smile:

I use F360 because my MIDDLE school gave some free Autodesk student license…let’s just say I am still using it years later. Woo hoo, free Autodesk programs! I get the whole package, including cool CFD stuff that would of costed me a ton.

I went from an iphone 6 to a meizu something and have never looked back… Lost a few warranties with the Iphone from being too sweaty in ceiling spaces - they claimed the headphone jack wasnt working because of the water damage.

On closer thought that’s pretty gross.

Hi,

thats the whole idea behind the free versions for students and hobbyists.

Once you’re used to a workflow everything else will look complicated and if you’re getting into a management position you’ll push the decision towards the software you already know and prefer -> the free version finally pays off and the competitor never even had a real chance because of already solidified bias.

I learned Catia as student so it is easy for me to work with Solid Works and Alibre Design as they all use the same basic workflow. But I can’t wrap my head around Fusion and other Autodesk products.

Christian

I’m sure your parents are very proud :slight_smile: