Fluidnc webui hard to connect

If you log into your router (probably at http://192.168.1.1) and go to that dhcp reservation page while the esp32 is on and connected. It should be in that drop down. I hope it has a name like fluidnc but it might be a star, and you need to figure it out from the ip address (which is currently 1.70 in that terminal).

You’re close. I really hope that makes it easier to connect. Hopefully all your issues are name resolution related.

1 Like

Yes I want to show this Zenxy off so much.
Ppl want to come over and see it haha.
I also want to get it nailed down so I can make one for the wife’s salon waiting area.
When I get home I will give all this a try.

I really wish I had a week on a desert island to take the tft firmware and just write some amazing software that is as easy to use as a coffee machine. All the hardware and a lot of the software is there. It is just stuck in a very generic system meant for all kinds of 3D printers.

2 Likes

Alright so I did as told and it seems to be working.

On a side note if I put a f1500 in it doesn’t seem to go faster than a f500 is that the wrong command

G1 F1500 should work. It has to be capitalized. It is mm/min, so 25mm/s (about an inch per second).

There are also max speeds in the settings. You should be able to set the max pretty high.

1 Like

I would like my Jackpot to connect to my home Wifi is “Sta” mode instead of doing AP, but I cannot seem to get it to connect, so I ran a search for videos on how to add a wifi antenna to the ESP32 WROOM and found this one helpful.

Thoughts? Shouldn’t it help? Any reasons not to do it?

I think the better option is to add a cheap router to put that on its own network. It you really do not want to do that buy the $4 ESP32 with the real antenna port. Those antennas are very sensitive to all sorts of things.

My aim was to get it so my laptop would not have to disconnect from the house wifi to connect to a different wifi (in this case the AP of the ESP32, or in the proposed case, the other router).

This is a nice sounding option, and I was not solidly aware there was such a thing. Thanks!

Would you happen to have a link so I don’t buy the wrong thing? The number of different EPS32 modules is somewhat baffling to me.

EDIT: Does this one look like it would be the right thing?

ESP32-WROOM-32U-4MB-Module-ESP32-Module-IPEX-antenna-connector-2-4G-WiFi-Gain-Antenna-16cm.jpg_

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805187419576.html?src=google&aff_fcid=d99928aed1134ea0936d759af99e6fcc-1709914560241-03703-UneMJZVf&aff_fsk=UneMJZVf&aff_platform=aaf&sk=UneMJZVf&aff_trace_key=d99928aed1134ea0936d759af99e6fcc-1709914560241-03703-UneMJZVf&terminal_id=2bce59256dc04842bc7ec06d9827e49d&afSmartRedirect=y&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

I have a Wifi extender located almost directly above the Jackpot, and it still won’t seem to connect to it. Sometimes I think it does, but before I can even try to see, it bumps back to AP mode.

This should work, it should be easy to dive in and figure out what is going on here. Firmware update the extender?

Do you have any wires above, under or near the ESP antenna?

https://www.v1e.com/products/usb-c-esp32- I have a couple external antenna versions (without antenna).
Or for faster shipping, Amazon.com

Did that last night. Did not help. :expressionless:

Thanks!

Only thing in the vicinity are the wires of the FluidDial pendant, coming to the board. The don’t cross over or in front of the EPS32.

This really the ideal solution I would think. You might want to post some specs to see if someone can help you out.

1 Like

You want them as far as possible, not even close.

1 Like

I felt the same. When I run the $wifi/listaps command, the result says it sees the extender with a strength of 100%, so I don’t know what the issue is!

Is this the same machine where you had connectivity issues with Jackpot until you cleaned up the wiring, then it worked? You added the pendant wiring, and now it’s gotten bad again? Let’s explore what’s up with that…

Have pictures?

Yes, this!

If you can’t connect to an AP directly overhead the machine, you have a noteworthy RF problem and need to solve that. It’s not clear that an external antenna would help. You may have an interference problem with the pendant.

1 Like

Before cleaning up wiring I think I could not even connect in AP mode. I’m not sure I ever got Sta mode at any time.

Don’t think there’s any other place to plug in the pendant. Pic:

I prioritize the pendant over Wi-Fi sta mode, so if I cannot get Sta mode, I’ll stay as is.