First Stage for Dust Collector

I put my LR2 to work and made a lid for a 40gal trashcan to separate dust out before reaching my main system.

2 Likes

This is a good use of the router, and I’m thinking of doing something similar for my MPCNC.

I’ve looked at a similar design, and I’m guessing that you got those two fittings as a kit. Although they sell them this way, I suspect that it would be more efficient (i.e. collect a larger percentage of the particles) to have a straight tube in the middle for the outlet of the collector stage. This would mimic the cyclone effect better, in theory anyway.

Yeah, it was a kit off amazon. I had not thought about doing it that way, I think that would have been a very good approach, but alas it’s all silicone’d together ? . I need to run some test to see how effective it is. I have a dust deputy on my shopvac and have been very impressed with that.

I did something similar but just with a bucket lid. I have the incoming air drop down at a 45 degree and the outgoing straight out the middle. It catches all the big particles but probably needs some refinement.

1 Like

The post above was my old system, I have a much more involved dust collection system now, with a noise reduction compartment for the vacuum and a cyclone dropping into a separate sealed compartment. Shop vac enclosure design