Firmware Version

I have the Low-Rider V3 and the Rambo 1.4 board. I got the Rambo board a long time ago, back when only Low-Rider V2 was available. I assume I need to update the firmware. I found the site:

It has the list of firmware. I assume I want.

version: 5.15 Marlin 2.1.1 file:V13DP_Rambo-2.1.1.zip

Just kind of wanted to verify. The V13 makes me think this is for the Rambo 1.3 board, but since there isn’t a V1.4 I assume this file applies to both.

how can I tell what firmware version is currently on the Rambo 1.4 board?

I’d like to check it before I update and then after I update to make sure it actually changed.

Thanks
Chris

The firmware version you linked is for the 3D printer, not the Lowrider. You want V1CNC_Rambo_DualLR from this site. The ‘LR’ in the title is for Lowrider, and the ‘Dual’ is for dual endstops. You can use XLoader to upload the firmware to the board and avoid having to compile the firmware with PlatformIO.

Got it. Thanks

OK, I got it downloaded. Thanks. Also When my tool shows the EEPROM Settings it makes a lot more sense. previously it had temperature and extruder and temperature info in the EEPROM Settings. Now all that stuff is gone and it just shows the X,Y,Z stuff.

I’d still be interested to know how to find out what the firmware version is. Some command or something that would match up with the filename I downloaded.

What you downloaded.

• Marlin version: 2.1.1/515
  • Machine name: V1CNC 515DL

I run from a display and a SD card, so I cannot test it right now, but according to the Marlin g-code reference, M115 g-code will query firmware information.