Firmware V414 - I could use some testers

Shoot, using the numbers we had been using 0.1 gives me the exact same time to run the file.

Well, I am at a loss. I have to say arcs just should not be used right now. I tried from 0.01 up to 0.5 on a dual endstop rambo. 0.5 is better but still has issues.

These files are much more clear than the previous. The Large “1” is super clear that there is an issue and some of the small letter but not all of them…

Logo-ARC.gcode (15.7 KB)

Logo-NO-ARC.gcode (76.6 KB)

Dug into Marlin a little bit and it says it in G2-G3.cpp, arcs should only be used on 5mm or larger arcs…so yeah, turn off arcs. Bummer

2 Likes

Hey Ryan would you like me to you’re too 414 version from the 412 and continue testing? Or do you have some more changes to make still?

So far I think 414 is okay as long as arcs are turned off in your CAM.

Ok is curves on by default? I use Estlcam and lightburn.

? Arcs are enabled in the firmware but are not working right. So make sure to not use them in any CAM program.

Oh ok. I was thinking this was something more complicated then it was haha

They broke my joystick (observed change in behavior between MPCNC 411 and 412 on RAMPS).

grr…

Here is a fix, PR submitted against upstream Marlin: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/pull/15870

Long story short the joystick feedrates were changed to be limited to manual feedrates, which are painfully slow by default, instead of max feedrates. My PR asks to change it back.

Also, is 414 a release? I’m only seeing 412, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Yeah they seem to be making a lot of changes for no reason lately. Must be the rush to RC…or teh flood of new 32 bit boards from bigtree.

414 is the current branches, I have not tagged it yet.