Estlcam Missing Driver

The driver for the mini-Rambo is the same as for rambo board.

The page: http://reprap.org/wiki/RAMBo#USB_Driver says the correct drvier for mini rambo is: http://reprap.org/wiki/File:RAMBo_USBdriver.zip

The laptop I’m using now have Window 7 and it still do not connect. The USB cable is only about 5 feet long, but I could try another one. But first I’m going to remove Arduino and then do a re-installation and see if the drivers come on.

Is the arduino-ide on your laptop? Does it detect your board?

On this page try installing the rambo files all the way up to this step "Search and install, “rambo” " found in the flashing rambo instructions. You do not need to flash the board but maybe you need these files…I am pretty sure you don;t but again windows 7 is older.

https://www.v1engineering.com/marlin-firmware/

Got the Rambo Drive download and install, now went I go to my printer device and look up property it tell me the driver are there and the device is running properly. I also uninstall Arduino and re-install it making sure that the drivers was being install and then try again Repetier for manual printer movement, but nothing work. Try different Printer setting, the only setting that told me I was connected was the Victual Printer setting, and yet it did not move the printer head went I try manual Y X or Z heat movement.

Does Arduino-IDE detect your port?

What says the serial monitor there in?

The virtual printer isn’t your printer, it is a simulator.

OK Jeffeb3, that what I had figure out, because I could get it to do that simulation, so Thanks You for confirming that to me. I know it should connect on Serial Connection, Port: Com 3, Baud Rate: 250000, Transfer Protocol: AutoDetect. However it will not connect? So there is something I’m doing wrong and I just can’t figure it out. I have fallow Ryan Software setup guide Step By Step at lease three time and still can get Repetier to talk to the Mini Rambo. I however can operate the CNC though the LCD control panel that plug directly into the Rambo board, all work well there. My next step is I’m going to download a G-code file into a SD card and see if I can work it directly in the LCD controller panel.

It may not be com3. You should also try a different usb cable.

Printing from the SD is a good idea anyway. That should work.

It sounds like you’re really just one solution away from some results.

Well I have downloaded the Crown in a SD card and try it in the LCD control panel. Well it work and drew the crown, so now I know the MPCNC work. So today I have talk to a local computer guy that I know to come and help me get a connection working. We will do that next week. So for now I will download a few more files and work with sizing.

My next question is about the pen holder. Have some one ever design a pen holder that would have a 2 to 3 mm spring loaded action? So you would have a content same pressure on the paper or material you are plotting.

Great!

The pen holder that Ryan sells has enough spring built into it. That’s why the pen is mounted out on those arms. :wink: