Estlcam bit issue

ive tried all and still nothing

Just to be clear, the milling basics settings are in mm/sec, you are set at mm/min, that is a x60 difference.

I am not sure if it is set up to go less than 6mm/min, that is 0.1mm/sec, that is extremly slow.

1 Like

Okay and I also had a setup to cut at a certain depth (Tool path depth of 7mm) with the plunge still being at 6 mm; to be adjusted soon .
Also the final cuts were only a 1/4" deep , what are some things that I should adjust from these images ?
Heres my final cut I’m not certain to whats going on because I was able to draw it no problem now the machine kind of jumps on the x homing side from time to time.
I have tried to review as much as I can through milling basics still I find room for more improvements I’m slowing down point and would appreciate the help yall!

Is it possible you have one or more loose grub screws?

As Doug stated…check your grub screws. If you didnt put loctite on them get some blue and put on the grub screws. Im pretty sure every one of us a some point as had this issue. I know i did not long ago on my MP3DP V4. After arguing with Ryan about it i went and checked and sure enough…

I will try to Identify what that is

the set screws that are on the pully’s on both Y motors and on the X motor (assuming LR3) and there are also Grub screws on the couplings for the Z motors to the lead screw

So this stuff must be applied onto thee bolts that’s holding the belt of the Y axis and also onto the motors that have the coupling that needs the screws to be tightened onto in order for the motors to catch the belt and move. Im just asking for a direct way on how to apply this solutions

Have you tried the test crown yet?

Maybe show us the first 50-100 lines of your gcode. It could be a lot of things at this point.

3 Likes

Will you be able to read it from the .gcode file I programmed & saved also it’s done by my usb key ?

Yes, it is just a text file, but really we only need the first 50 lines or so. just open it with a text editor and cut and paste 50 or so lines here so we can check your speeds and initial starting gcode.

Are you still using two flute endmills or did you change?

1 Like

With a programmed depth of 7mm, that’s not far off. It may be the difference between what you have told the machine that the touch plate is and what it actually is.

First, check for basic mechanical issues. the test crown code is good. You can use that with the spindle as well, and it will cut the crown 1mm deep in the material. If that looks OK, then other things can be tried.

If the test crown looks good, then it is possible that in that material, your machine might not be able to handle 3.5mm depth of cut. I believe that it should as mine does this easily, but maybe reduce that a little, and see.

If the test crown cut into the material also looks wrong, even if just slightly, then you will need to start looking for other mechanical issues. Loose grub screws, loose bearings, where you can move the core in ways it should not move, loose belts, etc.

2 Likes

I also took a image of the final product it looks nothing like what was commanded
0FLUTE721.45 strut plate.gcode (19.3 KB)
@vicious1

BUMMER… Y’all I’m just hurt :face_with_head_bandage::face_with_head_bandage::face_with_head_bandage::disappointed:
1mm crown cut .gcode (19.7 KB)

Last time the crown was a line like that, the user had the x,y, and Z in the wrong places.

Make sure a positive move goes:

• Right for X
  • Away to Y
  • Up for Z

And use the premade gcode test crown.

1 Like

Or there is something really not right with the X axis. Loose grub screw or wiring issues?

1 Like

Now its just in the air over top of the stock and clutching to get over to my left facing the core & the x endstop I’m really not sure what’s going on anymore because I’ve done many traces and there’s no issues.
This won’t even touch the stock

Be sure to use a collet,not a adapter. Your bit should never slip or fall out . It is worth the cost of proper collet.
A slip of the bit changes the cutting load and runout.

1 Like

You have changed the starting point.

I see you have a G92 Z010 in your start gcode. This twlls your program that the end mill is 10mm above the stock, no matter where it physically is.

You should try using the pre-made test crown gcode

You should also check that your X axis is able to actually push the router, since it appears that it cannot do so.

So I figured it out now it runs and cuts deeper than before it seems to be on the right track.
I have to put dead weight onto the build because it ran @ 1150mm/min feed rate and now one of the legs was not corresponding so it done some sort of twist (Y Axis*)and now I’m still troubleshooting.