ESP32-Based Grbl CNC Control Board

Thanks! For making basic 2d carvings like signs it’s great. Cuts out all the time I spend in Fusion360 on simple projects. Can also function as a code sender. Somewhat limited in the free version, but you get 2 free days a month, and that’s probably fine for my needs.

Looks like I’m about to head down a CNC Shield rabbit hole. Any advice? I have an Uno lying around already…do I just need to wire up one of the sub-$20 shields from Amazon?

Also looks like I can snag a Sainsmart controller with GRBL for $25 online. Might even be easier.

Hello I finished the station finally it works well

That’s good news, how did you resolve your problem?

uncommented // #define USE_SPINDLE_RELAY

here is another new board that use esp32 + expander chip

2 Likes

Do you have any details?.. I wonder what the RJ11 is used for.

1 Like

To phone home?

1 Like

Fax in an image for plotting/engraving? That would be a fun hack :smiley:

1 Like

A compact version is here 510x10 cm only with some goodies compare to the original from Bart:

• embedded ESP32UE 8M=64mbit with external antenna to improve WiFi/ bluethooth coverage
  • Glass Fuse to protect the board
  • 3 LED (red) Vmot, (green) 5V and (blue) 3.3volt for easy power visual check
  • TTL serial port (2.54 4pin on version C red color board or USB A connector on version D white color board)
  • USB serial port (micro USB)
  • Adopt a new switching power converted and bring up to 50 Volts DC power input for high voltage stepper motor controller.
  • Add RESET pin on ESP32
  • Add connectors to directly use external stepper drivers.
  • all config jumper accessible without removing any extension board
    Version D give direct cable connection to our touch screen pendant (USB A-A)
    sell on tindie
    and a combo (controller board and pendant) here[combo kit