Error while compiling on SKR V1.3 mainboard

Updating Atom and Platformio did not fix the problem, however, the firmware I downloaded from your GitHub page works great! I just had to change default_envs in platformio.ini to LPC1768 and change the drivers from TMC2209 to DRV8825. It compiles without errors! Thank you very much! When I have some more time I will compare your version and my version to see if I can find the problem.

1 Like

Sorry for a late reply. This is probably irrelevant now when you already have a successful build but here we go for future reference.

If you have GIT installed then download the latest tree and then revert (by hash) the two commits related to TMCs. From command line it would look like this:

git revert --no-edit 159a9b77c3b0f9e1e7cd47e7fa2f47449b16d42a 0c784235bc2a4f9d6d53ac2d74dc90db5bf94520

If youā€™re not comfortable with git or donā€™t have it installed, just download the zip and change the stepper types and directions manually. There should be no need to undo the rest of the TMC config.

hello Ryan, so did you find the way to make it work? I canā€™t find many info and you have my same hardware: skr 1.3 and drv8825ā€¦ any help? thanks in advance.

I used the firmware from the github link provided by Anttix and changed the stepper drivers from TMC2209 to DRV8825 driver. I still don't know why my own firmware version wonā€™t compile though.

1 Like

SOLVEDā€¦
first: issues with TT firmwareā€¦ donā€™t know why, but with Anttix I managed to build and upload after customization (Iā€™m making the lowrider);

second: issues with TFT28 MKSā€¦ I forgot to define 2 portsā€¦ now every axis work.

Thanks

1 Like

I been using the SKR 1.3 & TMC2209ā€™s and trying to figure out how to smooth out some ringing & vibes Iā€™m getting in the 3D print by comparing the Marlin settings in the repositoryā€¦

I noticed you changed the microsteps in Configuration_adv.hā€¦ what does that do?

I wanted to retain steps/mm settings I used with DRV8825s which were set to 1/32 to make it easier for me to switch back and forth. The machine should work fine with 1/16-th as well. Theoretical resolution at 1/16 is 0.01mm. AFAIK TMC drivers will use their internal high resolution tables to make movements smoother irregardless of the resolution they are driven at.

I would try to reduce acceleration and/or print speeds.

thanks for your response, Iā€™m using Cura for slicingā€¦ I keep trying to slow things down in the firmware and seem to have bottomed out (doesnā€™t seem to be slowing) using the same .gcode that a stock Anet A8 prints fine. Should I attempt to slow down when slicing?

#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE { 100, 100, 5, 25 }
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION { 100, 100, 100, 10000 }

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 400 // X, Y, Z and E acceleration for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 3000 // E acceleration for retracts
#define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION 400 // X, Y, Z acceleration for travel (non printing) moves

Designated 3d printers, even cheap ones, will always be better for 3D printing than MPCNC because they have a lot less mass to toss around. I would not expect MPCNC to reach the same level surface quality at the same speeds. The reason to use MPCNC to 3D print is either because you donā€™t have a 3D printer or you need to print an object that is large in X/Y direction. There may be other reasons e.g. you want to coat some piece of wood in plastic or print on top of a t-shirt and donā€™t fancy attempting to fasten these objects to the bed of your printer.

Now that said, if you donā€™t see any effect from reducing the acceleration in Configuration*.h files then you may have settings stored in eeprom. Use M503 to show whatā€™s going on. http://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M503.html

If your printing speeds are over what youā€™re setting in firmware then yes. This takes a lot of uncertainty about Marlin attempting to clip the speeds out of the picture. If all youā€™re playing with is accelerations then no.

Hello, I also use the BTT SKR V1.3 board. It is installed on a DELTA type printer, drivers are TMC2208, mechanical endstops. There are upper stops on the delta - they work without problems. The lower stop is on the Z_Min printhead, which also works with the M119. However, as soon as the head slides down, the board does not respond when the state changes to Z_Min. I tried to redirect the pin to another connector and it worked but the board still does not respond. Try to offer a solution.

You are on the wrong forum really as this one deals with cnc routers primarily. It sounds to me like your issue will be with Marlin configuration and it will be important which firmware you have installed on your BTT as the people on this forum use a version that does not have the delta options. I suggest your best option would be to post your questions on a 3D printing forum.
Having said that I suspect your problem will lie within the Z probe options section of configuration.h ā€¦or possibly you have not selected a delta profile??