Engraved Mirror Logos

If you’re selling your work then time= money. Looks like good software .

Yea and it would make a difference. Even the demo on average was about 30% time savings even with the logos put all over the image which messed up the white space.

Well my Mom wanted in on the engraving too… So I made her an Elvis mirror. This one was run twice. The mirror coating was totally removed then sprayed heavily with gloss black paint. The mirror is an 11x17

These look amazing.

Thank you. I appreciate the complements.

I promise I will get to a mirror tutorial… Been crazy busy pumping these things out lately.

Here is the latest back lit creations for customers.

Each unit uses 1 meter of 5050 LED strip. I have the boxes custom made from 4mm dibond. The boxes get screwed to the back of the mirror frame.

tutorials for us n00bs, please :smiley: these all look cool!

Hey Jason,

When you set your acceleration values, are you using gcode in the header portion of Image2gcode?

e.g. M202 X1000 Y1000 ??

and you then set the feedrate to 1800mm in the feedrate field in Image2Gcode right?

Trying to do some images with white space but I’m getting burnt smeared lines across the image. See my attachment and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Thanks! Gonna try to do some mirrors for Christmas gifts!! :slight_smile:

That info is set in the header. And speed is set in feedrate.

I would say try slowing it down or turning down the acceleration… I would start with the accel.

Mirrors and quality of image is very dependent on their coating on the back. If it is not dark spray it flat black.

I find I get the best quality if I use a pixel resolution of 0.1mm

Let me know how that works

Hey thanks for the tips! Slowing it down has helped a lot with improving quality. Btw. What feedrate and accel rate do you usually use?

I use those settings typically. Some stubborn mirrors or real high detail I will slow it down to 1200mm/min.

Stay tuned… New tutorial coming soon to the home page.

These look awesome!

I also want to know more about your thoughts on the PEP5 workflow? When I got into 3D printing, I used the free options available and they were okay, but stepping up to Simplify3D was a total game changer… Looks like PEP5 might be in the same league?

Yes very much so… Probably the best $120 cad I have spend. It has paid me back in time saved for sure. It is easy to use and the guys support it well.

Hey Jason,

Does Pic Engraver 5 Pro skip over the white lines? Is that how you’re saving time?

Yes it skips the white space. Some images it save tons of time others… not so much. But over all generally makes a nice difference. In my opinion the software could be made smarter in the way that it travels but I imagine that would take one hell of an algorithm.

If you are going to be doing a lot it is worth spending the money on. If not I would save it.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your settings in PEP? I’m looking through the tutorial and trying out the Demo but not sure what most of these are. I’m still in the ‘getting my laser attached’ phase right now but should be able to burn soon!

Sure here you go.

Thanks!! Have to go move a ton of snow then back to it!

Finally got a mirror done. One christmas gift complete. Approx 10 bucks worth of material! Thanks for sharing your work jason.