Einsy Rambo 1.1B TMC2130 error

Hey All!
I’m printing my Parts right now, so I figured I’d get a jump on the motion control. I’m using a trashed 3018 CNc to test the board / firmware in the meantime.

I’m using an einsy rambo 1.1b, and every time I try to flash it, I get this error…

In file included from c:\users\user\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_212866\sketch\src\pins\pins.h:209:0,
from c:\users\user\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_212866\sketch\src\inc\marlinconfig.h:32,
from sketch\src\HAL\AVR\HAL.cpp:24:
c:\users\user\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_212866\sketch\src\pins\rambo/pins_EINSY_RAMBO.h:38:4: error: #error “You must set ([XYZ]|E0)_DRIVER_TYPE to TMC2130 in Configuration.h for EinsyRambo.”
#error “You must set ([XYZ]|E0)_DRIVER_TYPE to TMC2130 in Configuration.h for EinsyRambo.”
^~~~~
In file included from c:\users\user\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_212866\sketch\src\pins\pins.h:209:0,
from sketch\src\inc/MarlinConfig.h:32,
from sketch\src\MarlinCore.h:24,
from sketch\src\MarlinCore.cpp:31:
c:\users\user\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_212866\sketch\src\pins\rambo/pins_EINSY_RAMBO.h:38:4: error: #error “You must set ([XYZ]|E0)_DRIVER_TYPE to TMC2130 in Configuration.h for EinsyRambo.”
#error “You must set ([XYZ]|E0)_DRIVER_TYPE to TMC2130 in Configuration.h for EinsyRambo.”
^~~~~
from c:\users\user\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_212866\sketch\src\inc\marlinconfig.h:32,
from sketch\src\HAL\AVR\HAL_SPI.cpp:34:
^~~~~
exit status 1
Error compiling for board RAMBo.

I’m pretty familiar with these boards, as I build Prusa MK3 Clones. For some reason, when Flashing the V1CNC file for the rambo, It keeps telling me I need to specify the driver type.

This is the way I have it defined: It should be fine…

#define X_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130
#define Y_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130
#define Z_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130
//#define X2_DRIVER_TYPE A4988
//#define Y2_DRIVER_TYPE A4988
//#define Z2_DRIVER_TYPE A4988
//#define Z3_DRIVER_TYPE A4988
//#define Z4_DRIVER_TYPE A4988
#define E0_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130

Any ideas as to why it’s ignoring the fact that the drivers are specified?

Thanks so much Y’all! I’m excited to get this thing built.

1 Like

I wonder if the EXTRUDERS=0 is confusing the error message. Or else, did you start from dual endstop version and there are X2 or Y2 enabled in the configuration_adv.h?

I’m not sure… I’m using the single version from the Github MPCNC repository. I’ve tried different combinations of 1 extruder, no extruder, etc… It seems correct. I even tried different versions of the arduino app. HMMMM. maybe walking away for a while will magically fix it… lol