Dealing with too much heat

I`ll edit this post as I get results. (this is done by hand touch only until Infrared Thermometer arrives)

So with steppers set at 300 i can now hold my hand on there for 24hours (maybe an exaggeration)

M906 X300 Y300 Z300 (have to hold hand there for a while to even notice any warmth.)

Edit: I`ve now jumped up to 400 to see what the results are.

Edit: 400 seems conservative but seems warm to the touch after running a cut. I’ll leave it there for now and wait on thermometer to arrive.

1 Like

So, I added cheap stick on 42mm heatsinks, when my Y Axis motors started to drop out at higher current, versus the skipping steps at lower current. Finding that sweet spot can be fun. Last time things were running I think I was at 1250@24V.

image|375x500

Hi JRS,
Definitely alot to learn but I’m enjoying it alot. I have heatsinks and fans on the way. I’ll only use th m if I need to though. At the moment I haven’t noticed any problems with cuts. But saying that I have been quite conservative with cut depth and speed

Bread :bread: and butter :butter: here in the Caribbean… 24v fans+ heatsinks was my solution. (I try to keep the shop well ventilated at least)