Computer building

Well, my current desktop is Ryzen based, but that’s the only AMD system I have right now. It’s just a … little bit older than yours, Ryzen 5 1400, but it’s got the 1070, 32GB of memory and a 2TB NVMe drive to boot from. :slight_smile:

Note that when I figure in the VR headset there are actually 5 screens. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One got a lot of toys competing for my pocket money, but vr is definitely on the list. Any thoughts you’d like to share? What’s worth getting, what isn’t, use case other than games, etc?

1 Like

So far I only use my Samsung odyssey for games.

When I win the lottery, I’m getting a rig to play No Man’s Sky in VR. Maybe AR Minecraft…

Keep a vomit bucket close by. Me and VR No Man’s Sky don’t get along. I can play VR Elite Dangerous all day long though.

But but but… no mention for Alyx? :sob:

I’m 20, no 30, years too old for FPS shooters… Hell, I was too old when Half-Life came out…

The last FPS game I felt confident about was DOOM. Original. 2.5D. Duke Nukem and Unreal were only interesting because I’d go to LAN parties where they were played. After that… “Spray and Pray” isn’t all that much fun… And I take way too long to line up shots for camping.

But not too old for minecraft? I like your preferences :innocent:

Alright. I’m really finished now. I had bought these RGB strips and didn’t install them during the initial build. Had to do a bit of case modding on one of the slot covers to get the power down to the lights on the bottom.

Google Photos

2 Likes

Yo, check THIS out…

1 Like

I thought for a second that they had constructed a machine capable of computing this from the ground up, within Minecraft. But I was quickly corrected by the reddit discussion. But one day it’ll happen, its only a question about time!

1 Like

They keep getting closer all the time.

This guy did a 16 bit ALU in minecraft:

1 Like

Hello David, I need a suggestion from you, that is on your laptop using experience. what do you think about rog Zephyrus g14 is it good for streaming and is it worth buying? I hope you will help me with your best answer. Thank in advance

It looks overkill if your primary use is going to be streaming youtube or other video services.

Otherwise, they look nice. I’m not sure how well they hold up. I don’t know anything about them other than the specs on the website.

When it comes to laptops, I usually tell people to pick a budget and then try to buy as much performance as they can in that budget. Some brands may hold up better than others long-term, but it’s gotten to where pretty much all of them will last ~5 years or so if properly maintained. I’m still using the same Asus laptop that was mentioned at the beginning of this post 2 years ago. I don’t even know how old it is now.

If you’re needing to do heavy lifting (fusion 360, gaming, video editing), then the higher end machines would serve a benefit.

1 Like