BDring pen/laser controller for ZenXY

I bet if you set the feedrate, the G1 would work. You should be able to just set it once, in the starting gcode like:

G1 F2000

That is the main reason for the starting gcode section in the sandify dialogs.

1 Like

Does the table home itself if you send an:
HY
command? (Which in GRBL homes the Y axis).

If so then you can use the machine start up code or the start code in Sandify to send the appropriate start code which should include the homing of the Y axis followed by the homing of the x axis, setting the zero point and the feed rate and any pull off you want.

Here is my starting Gcode, works very well for me.
https://docs.v1engineering.com/zenxy/#example-starting-gcode

Other than actual table info (which you don’t go into great deal on - but the photos in the build thread are self explanatory, I think the documentation is spot on, and the only ball that might have been dropped is 1/2" in diameter, and rolling around some sand or baking soda.

I figure since I ordered the parts in April, it’s about darn time I built the thing, (talk about dropping the ball…)

Of course I never ordered Barts controller, :roll_eyes: but I do have a couple of uno’s and shields so no reason I can’t start with what I have.

I was planning on following your photos and using 1 x 4 material for well… everything - the legs, frame and glass support. I really like what you did with the table in the Next Zenxy build ideas thread, low cost, easy to assemble, extremely functional and very elegant looking.

I’m not sure on final table dimensions, I assume if I follow the calculator for the tubes and such, once I get the hardware assembled, I can measure out and allow some room to mount the power & cross corners. Hopefully I will get it right, if not, Home Depot has more material.

Thanks for all the great photos and illustrations!

2 Likes

I have the full cad package available for the table. If you have questions let me know and I will take some detail pics.