Balance board

This was a fun quick projects with some scrap wood and this Amazon foam roller. The board is 31x14" with a 2" stop block at each end. I ran a 1/2" round over bit on all the edges to protect our feet a bit, spray on poly.

My plan is to “tattoo” it with any designs I do with the laser. I hope it ends up looking a lot less plain after a few projects.

10 Likes

That is a fun idea. What does the bottom look like?

2 Likes

I like the whole idea - kind of like a sticker wall! I have missed details of your laser setup though - is it MPCNC based?

Added a picture to the first post.

Currently yup, my Primo has a 5+ year old diode on it. I am using grbl on a rambo board with it. I do need to get it dirty again though.

2 Likes

In my surfing days, a lot of people had these around. It really does help with balance and it’s fun at the same time.

I can almost still do a shove-it, on the grass, but it you hit it sideways you slip out pretty hard. If you want to try and ollie you need some grip tape. The kids jumped on it and seemed to have fun for at least 7 minutes. That was a win.

3 Likes

Oh man I was just talking to the niece and nephew about these last night.
They said”I can’t even skateboard how would I be able to surf”
I better get one built I think !!
Nice work

1 Like

Oh yeah it would be a confidence builder for skateboarding as well for sure.

1 Like

1 Like

“My buddy can do it cheaper”

1 Like

This should be the perfect time for me to try a flip cut on the mpcnc, my lr3 is waiting table space.
I have some dowel to attempt it now as some ppl have shown me on here.

1 Like