Any way to turn off the holdover/popup assitance?

On the webUI, I know what the buttons (for the most part do). Having the assistance pop up when my fat fingers are trying to push a button really is the opposite of helpful. EG when I need to refresh the file list, and I"m pushing the refresh button but the only thing that happens is “Makes a new folder” pop up instead of… refreshing the file list. Or when I’m trying to reset an alarm and it keeps popping up ‘resets alarm’… again not helpful.

Is there any setting to just turn that off? I’m not finding it on my own.

I don’t know about turning them off, hopefully someone knows

When that happens, I just zoom in and work around it.

1 Like

I’m not quite sure I understand what is getting in the way. If you’re on WebUI v3, it may be possible to create a theme that hides these popups.

This always works for me. Assuming you are on a phone or tablet you should be able to zoom in with 2 fingers on the screen. If on a computer using chrome you can click the 3 dots at the top right and about middle of that menu there is a zoom section as well.

I have an old galaxy 5 permanantly doing controller duty. At max zoom i cant refresh the file list without getting the “hey moron, this other button that isn’t even on the screen is what you used to make a new folder” popup.
I may have not done a copy/paste on that dialog…

We need a screenshot then, as I don’t think any of us have hit that same hurdle.

2 Likes

I’ve found, especially with the macro buttons, that in the v2UI I have to press right at the bottom of the button, or even just below it. It’s something to do with how it renders when you zoom and the tooltip, I think.

1 Like

Well that looks pretty annoying. Does it still do that if you rotate the phone to landscape? I’m guessing it has something to do with the buttons wrapping.

Yeah I agree that looks super annoying! That looks a lot like WebUI V2. I would suggest updating to WebUI v3 and see if that is still an issue for you. Personally I like v3 WAY better than v2

1 Like

Yea, unfortunately the dropdown icon to get to the refresh button in v3 is quite small.

Hmm, I should probably fix that in my themes to something like this. Themes in v3 allow you to tweak all kinds of things.

3 Likes

I updated my themes with this change.

ESP3D-WEBUI-Mods/Themes at main · jeyeager65/ESP3D-WEBUI-Mods (github.com)

2 Likes