Add Wifi to SKR Pro step by step

Hey Brian,

I actually just used this thread last night, if you have one directly from V1, you can plug it into the board and follow the instructions above from this section if you want to hook it up to your wifi.

We aren’t done yet… lots of settings to change…
I shrunk my browser window so I could capture one image with all the settings… you may have to scroll around to change the settings…

If you want to leave it alone and just use it’s own access point, you can just connect to it without changing anything else.

UDP is the transport protocol, if so, is there a firewall for your antivirus stopping it? Have you tried running the program that is failing as administrator?

Udp and tcp are transport for networking.

No firewall. AFAICT, having looked at the lightburn forum, is that it’s a software issue with how it supports certain hardware. It’s looking for a Ruida controller. You can buy a $160 ‘light-bridge’ that does a conversion ton use other controllers, but I don’t think Marlin is supported any how.

Someone did suggest getting in touch with their help desk and asking if they’ll support it, but I haven’t gotten around to it

Perfect! Thnak you. Worked great.

And that comment right there makes it all worth the time! Thanks.

1 Like

Just a note- I followed these instructions, which were great. This made it super easy to flash an ESP-01S with this firmware. Way simpler than back when I set a few up with ESP-LINK.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks!

I have to admit this was a learning process for me. And once I had it figured out I decided nobody should have to suffer that much! LOL. I learned way more about ESP01S programming than I expected!

1 Like

Hi! New to the forum… Well atleast I stopped lurking around in the shadows.

This was one of the best start to finish tutorials in a while for me. Thanks for the help!

Hopefully soon a forum post will appear with all “wroom wroom”, “made up cnc noice” videos where I start testsing my soon newly built LR3.

How did you create the firmware.bin file? I was wanting to enable websockets, but it looks as if that feature was not turned on in the firmware.bin file you have included.

Sorry, I didn’t create the BIN file. I just included it. That is the one downloaded from the V1 engineering site. If you want to create a new one then you are into a whole next level. maybe looking at the tutorials on this site might help
https://www.myviz.io/communication-with-an-esp8266-esp01-through-websockets/

You can create a new firmware.bin file by modifying the source files as needed (or at least the configuration files) and recompiling with platformio.

No programmer software for Linux
:frowning:
bummer!

How to install PlatformIO in Linux?

Installation

1. Download and install official GitHub’s Atom text editor. PlatformIO will be installed as a plugin to it. …
  2. Open Atom Package Manager (Linux, OS → Menu: Edit > Preferences > Install, Windows → Menu: File > Settings > Install)
  3. Search for official Platformio-ide package.
  4. Install PlatformIO IDE.
  5. Install clang.

Any help?

1 Like

I use linux. I just use platformio without the ide. I edit the files in ny preferred editor and I compile the code with platformio on the command line. It is a python package in pip. I prefer using pipx, but virtualenv is also good. If you must, you can install it with pip install -U platformio. Then pio is the command line name. It works great.

In fact, all the uploads to MarlinBuilder releases is built using the linux container version in the github builders.

Is there a way to get the webcam feature on in the webgui of esp3d?

No. It is not a raspberry pi. It is just a microcontroller. No usb webcam stuff.

I thought it would use the skr pro usb via the wifi header?
But what about linking it to a stream? I have V1pi with webcam. Could I get the stream linked to esp3d?

You could open a new tab and open the steam.

You could edit the webui and add an iframe that would include the stream. But I’m not sure what that would but you over a different tab.

1 Like

Got it working. Thanks champ!

A post was split to a new topic: SKR esp-01 help