3D Printer - Random Question

Yeah this 300 is looking huge.

2 Likes

Thank you! I pulled the trigger on this one today. Great deal! Iā€™ll likely get the 2nd Z axis kit upgrade later as I get better with this.

1 Like

I felt the same way when I was building mine.

@DougJoseph whatā€™s your slicer software preference?

Iā€™m waiting for @forcerouge to tell us heā€™s made an FDM capable of 1:1 human models, without having to chunk the model into pieces. He can already do cats and small-ish dogsā€¦

I use Cura. :slight_smile:

I sorted that one out! It came with Cura with installation instructions. Out of the box and printing within a couple hours. Would have been quicker if it werenā€™t a day earlier than expected and my desk not ready to receive.

@vicious1 So I am having fun getting my print on with my new BIQU B1 SE - thanks to @DougJoseph for the recommendation! It has already surpassed my expectations for ease of getting going. I digressā€¦ I am printing the Jackpot box for the LR3 now and itā€™s about 5 to 6 mm up and Iā€™m looking at the print head wondering why it is giving up a lot of chatter on the bottom of the box. So I said "Let me look at the model rendering on Printablesā€¦ and low and behold - a Vicious logo! Ha! Excellent! and there I thought the printer was getting a corrupt file - or is it?

1 Like

There is indeed a Vicious1 logo on the bottom, and that means ā€¦ [EDITED TO SAY] ā€¦the print head will indeed nudge inwardly and outwardly as it creates a contoured perimeter to include the logo design.

Glad to hear it! Iā€™m a fan.

I printed mine standing up like this:

So there was no bridging and the logo came out very clean

2 Likes

Thatā€™s how my remixes of control boxes are oriented for printing.

I had not yet approached printing a control box for the Jackpot, so I was not sure if Ryan had it oriented differently or not.

@DuffyNW Sorry I think I misread your post. I am now thinking you have your print oriented as Mike is saying, not rotated to how I mistakenly thought with the logo facing down.

PS: I edited my earlier post to correct it from my prior misunderstanding.

They should be that way. Let me know if they are not.

I didnā€™t see his Printables listing at first, so when I set up my STLs I exported from CAD for printing I thought to myself ā€œI know Ryan doesnā€™t like supports, so Iā€™m guessing he intended to print it this wayā€ lol

1 Like

I was only commenting at the point where the printer was creating the logo on the bottom (vertical printing) and I mistook the Vicious logo for something going wrong with the printer. All is well, orientation doing great. Today Iā€™m printing my lid and getting the jackpot set up.

1 Like

@DougJoseph and all in this thread - Itā€™s been a while since I posted about how the BIQU B1 Plus is doing. I am happy to say that I have printed a bunch. Likely have gone through a full spool so far - but then again, itā€™s not running every day. If I were using it to make money, it would be. As it is, I have designed and printed a couple of my own creations to solve issues and they have been successful so far. really enjoying it. My first place I go when I need to print something is printables and thingiverse. Those sites make me happy! But I havenā€™t done a remix yet, but it might be something to do later.

My next thing, after this Christmas season, will be to print up some Christmas village items - I work in a planning and design branch for Military facility construction and so I will be adapting and designing some of our facilities into HO scale 3D prints and create some LED light strings to light up the set. Ought to make for a festive decoration contest next year. Also, some Army Engineer ornaments to hang from the drop ceiling and such to tie it in.

Anyway Doug, thank you for the referral for my 3D printer. I am really enjoying it!

3 Likes

Awesome! So glad you are enjoying it!!