3.5 year update.

Smells like a good place for a Amazon, Rockler or MLCS advertisement? How about an Amazon link right under the recent replies?

Awesome job Ryan. Those numbers are mind blowing. It just goes to show, when you have a good product, people will come. I could never afford a $10,000 + cnc, and besides I wouldn’t do it justice with what I do. Your projects have aloowed me (and many many others) build and own a cnc machine that we would otherwise be dreaming about. You’re a legend!

Now it’s time to put your machines to work and cut out some panels for your 2nd bedroom just for storage lol.

1 Like

Thank you!

Agreed.

Thanks guys, I really was just in the exact same mindset as you. I wanted one, the one that was almost in budget seemed too expensive, so I made one. The rest has all been a team effort, so many amazing people over the years have played a part in this. That is why I think it is important to show these numbers…look at what WE are doing!..

Just to share the ride a little more. My first “large shipment” Of many I hope!

[attachment file=83503]
[attachment file=83504]

Are you diversifying Ryan? I saw neatly bundled packages like that on CSI once I’m sure. Something about border patrol…

1 Like

HAHAHA, the delivery driver seemed very interested in that as well!

Well, getting real close to 4 years now.

Boom 6 printers, are now in service (well as soon as the spool holders finish printing). Please excuse the mess I am rushing to get it going.

[attachment file=87295]

The gray one is the new one? Did you change up the X strap? The gray reminds me of the moon. I dig it.

Yup grey one, I did try a new strap design, no good. I think I need to use yours next time. The Heffe plate, OMG, I will never build one without it. I never tried it before. Thing is a tank now. I cut the bed out of it so it has a nice large access hole.

The brown and red is the first one ever built, prototype even, 2 years and 9 months of basically 24/7/365. Kinda cool, might have changed the bearings twice I think, that is it.

1 Like

Whoa, we had over a million page views in January, 1,063,074. This is blowing my mind.

That’s kind of incomprehensible…that’s like a view every four seconds!

Look! There’s another one!

And another!

And another!

It’s testament to a great idea and a great product offering. (And if they are not unique page views I’m likely responsible for a few hundred…)

Did you just “do this” one day Ryan or was it backed at first by a kickstarter? I think if I know the back story you just did this. No crazy kickstarter campaign or anything. Which makes it all the more amazing. Not that kickstarter success stories aren’t also amazing if that is the case.

1 Like

[attachment file=87544]
[attachment file=87545]

I am sure I have my story on here somewhere, maybe not. I was working at Robo3D and kept bugging them about my CNC idea, no time for it was the answer. Left there and got my “dream job”. All the great minds at this design firm really just energized me so I went home and one day made a corner block, set it on my dining room table to keep me going. A month later (I only had one printer at the time) I had a dry erase maker drawing directly on to my table!

[attachment file=87546]
Not sure if this is the actual first one but I think it is. This is Feb28, I put it on thingiverse March 15th, 2015.

I put it on thingiverse, thinking this is cool, someone might want to build one. The next day at work I noticed I had a ton of emails. A few guys really wanted to just get all the parts from me so they knew it would work. I sold one or two with the space parts I had left over. Then I bought enough for 5 more, five again…10…20. These were just people sending me money on Paypal. A month or two maybe three later I gave notice to my “dream job” that I had found something special and wanted to devote more time to it. Now I have my Dream Job.

1 Like

Wow, going through my pictures and videos of the time…I need to chop together a little video. Almost brings tears to my eyes. I am still just as excited and scared as I was then.

So, so awesome!

Ryan, Great Job! It will be fun to see time laps of the process.

1 Like

Just a quick vid

2 Likes

Shouldn’t you be dealing with you 1M arriving customers and friends instead of making videos? :smiley:

Very cool though. The version I made first about a year later didn’t look too different from that one.

What was V1Engineering.com or vicious1.com for before the MPCNC? Your forum name says you’ve been a member since 2013.

Sometime around, well…a long time ago, all my domains pointed to my clothing shop. Not sure why it would say 2013. The domains and sites have been around for a long time.

That’s what I’m talking about.

Maybe it’s when you installed the forum software? Or maybe when you made this iteration of your username?